Growing Up Digital: Listening to the Voices
This workshop recognizes that when students’ contributions are valued and they are actively involved meaningfully in the implementation of Digital Citizenship programs they play a key role in shaping the digital culture of the school. The model used is based on the work of FutureLab UK which uses five types of participation:
What you’ll learn:
- How to audit your school for its commitment to student voice
- Why student voice is important
- How to use surveys that capture the behaviours and needs of students, educators and parents
- The models of student engagement in Digital Citizenship
- About case studies where student voice initiatives have been successful
- The types of opportunities for students to develop resources using multi-media or widely used applications to present at assemblies or parent/staff forums
- Educators: Primary-Elementary, Middle School, Senior Secondary-High School.
*This workshop can be customized to be a full or half day; Elementary/Primary, Middle or Secondary/High School.