Growing Up Digital: Digital Literacy & Citizenship Curriculum for Schools
This workshop will use Common Sense Media’s free K-12 curriculum, developed in partnership with Harvard University’s Graduate School of Education, which teaches students to be safe, responsible, and ethical online. The curriculum is flexible, modular, media-rich, and aligned to the Australian Curriculum. It is available online, as PDFs and eBooks.
This is a Common Sense Media Accredited Workshop.
What you’ll learn:
How to align the Common Sense Media scope and sequence to:
- Australian National Curriculum
- New Zealand Curriculum
- Common Core Standards
- ISTE Standards
- AASL American Association of School Librarians
Common Sense Media has a range of resources to support their curriculum which include:
- Graphite: Teachers provide rigorous reviews of apps, games, and websites and digital curricula rated for learning potential.
- Digital Passport: Series of videos, interactive games linked to lesson plans. Suitable for Years 3-6.
- Educate Families Program: A comprehensive set of resources to invite families into the conversation about digital literacy and citizenship. They include tip sheets, videos, and other tools.
- 1:1 Essentials: Provides schools with customizable resources they need to prepare, plan, and implement a new 1: 1 program, including resources for engaging families, students and teachers.
- Educators: Primary-Elementary, Middle School, Senior Secondary-High School.
*This workshop can be customized to be a full or half day; Elementary/Primary, Middle or Secondary/High School.