The LIKE and SELFIES Generation – It’s Complicated
In 2013 ‘Selfie’ was the word of the year. The self-portrait of the digital age! This workshop will focus on the impact of ‘selfies’ and ‘likes’ on self esteem, body image and the re-defining of beauty based on the autobiographical information that people share publicly about themselves and their friends.
What you’ll learn:
- The impact of ‘selfies’ and ‘likes’ on well-being, friendships and privacy.
- The influence of celebrity and a highly-sexualized culture on personal choices.
- The possible side effects of an emphasis on appearance on social acceptance.
- How advertisers and marketers monetize ‘likes’.
- Parents, Educators, Community members.
- 1 hour, 1.5 hour or 2 hour sessions.
While this presentation can be delivered as a lecture, it is highly recommended that parents interact with each other seated at tables.